Wednesday 9 May 2012

Marshes Hill and Knypersley

With the threat of more rain but having woken to clear almost sunny skies, I was off to Marshes Hill, after the Whitethroat, as the sun came through more and more I was praying it would last till I got there, had a good hour there and with thinking I had seen the best of the sunshine, it was down to Knypersley to see how the resident Swan's had faired this year with their clutch of five eggs, having had their nest desimated by vandals last year with no eggs surviving, I was pleased to see three Cygnets being proudly displayed, only a few days old, on inspection their nest had two unhatched eggs still present but three out of five ain't bad!! Also saw a pair of Blackcaps and one of the Dippers feeding one of their young in the stream, I was wrong about the sunshine and went back to Marshes Hill for a further hour until too many cars and dog walkers turned up and this time the sunshine had gone for the rest of the day. Whitethroat.
Whitethroat.
Whitethroat.
Whitethroat.
Cygnet.
Cygnet.
Cygnet's.
Protective Parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment